Non-accredited courses are rapidly rising in popularity, and it’s no wonder why. With the recent shift to more people working from home with flexible schedules, this has meant that the opportunity for us to learn a new skill, pursue a hobby or even consider exploring different career sectors has likewise become much more possible.
Often with formal, accredited courses, the financial commitment is considerable and the expectation to study full-time is unrealistic or incompatible with financial or family care commitments. This is where non-accredited courses really shine – they allow us to pursue areas of study we’re interested in, but wouldn’t be able to pursue otherwise.
The flexibility offered by non-accredited courses, both in terms of payment plans and online learning options, is hard to beat. Not to mention how many non-accredited courses teach practical skills or provide a level of specialist knowledge that can’t be found elsewhere.
A non-accredited course can help you in your current or future career, or likewise, transform your abilities from hobby to professional standards.
But first, to answer the question…
Are non-accredited courses worth it?
You may choose to continue your education for both professional and personal reasons, and the great news is that non-accredited courses offer an accessible way to explore both.
Nevertheless, some may hold the perception that non-accredited courses have less value – this couldn’t be further from the truth! In fact, the specialisation provided by such courses is the reason why employers value them so much.
Where very specific, specialist knowledge is required, non-accredited courses tend to be narrow in their focus and prepare students to work almost immediately. Even if you’re looking at a non-accredited course as a way to pursue a hobby in your free time, it’s still great to list on your CV to show a potential or current employer that you’re constantly working on your personal development, and investing in other areas of interest that can help you in your day-to-day job.
So yes – non-accredited courses are definitely worth it!
Secure a job – 4 ways non-accredited training will help
Non-accredited certification – benefits
We’ve established that employers are fans of non-accredited courses and they can improve your job prospects – but what other benefits can studying a non-accredited course have for you?
- The study material is straightforward and tailored to a specific area of focus.
- They build on any prior knowledge and skills you already have.
- They help you to attain short term goals and refine your skillset.
- These courses are cost-effective.
- They can be more practical than accredited courses and focus on the application of the skills you need to use.
- They provide unique offerings you may not have the option to study elsewhere.
- They increase your motivation and interest in the subject matter, helping you to become an expert.
- They increase promotion or employment prospects.
- They help you adapt to the needs of the market.
- They usually take a much shorter time to be completed than accredited courses.
Skills taught by non-accredited courses
The key reason people choose non-accredited training is cost-effectiveness. Let’s face it – we all have a lot of financial commitments, and accredited training is not always an option depending on our life circumstances.
But that doesn’t have to stop you from being able to study. The range of valuable skills taught by non-accredited courses includes:
- Occupation-specific (for example, on-the-job operator training)
- Organisation-specific (for example, product or service-specific courses)
- Site induction and safety
- Management, project management and supervisory skills
- Personal development (such as health, diet, life skills)
- General computing skills
- Time and organisational skills
- Self-discipline and resourcefulness
- Adaptive and agile thinking
Non-accredited courses Australia
With a non-accredited course from My Learning Online, you direct the pace and progress of your study. Is online learning something you feel could benefit your life? Then check out our range of amazing short courses.
Doing an online course gives you the freedom and flexibility to build a career you love at a time and intensity that suits you. With some of the best online learning courses in Australia, you can get started on your new path or passion today.
Our courses offer you the perfect way to progress in your chosen field in a way that works for you. Here at My Learning Online, we also offer affordable payment plans, 24/7 learning access and a dedicated team of experienced tutors to support you every step of the way. You can also easily fit a learning schedule around your particular work or childcare commitments.
And lastly, our online courses are built by experts for students of all kinds, ready to work around your life and budget – so nothing is holding you back. Plus, if you’re still unsure about what career path to take, then you can also speak to our career consultants!
Are you ready? Then talk to our friendly team today. We’ll be happy to help find the perfect course for you.