Submit your details to receive your free courses guide straight to your inbox.
Download Your Free Course Guide
Demand for organic produce has boomed over recent years and supermarkets from Australia to England now devote significant shelf space to organic produce, and organic certification schemes have emerged and flourished.
Organic farming works with nature, rather than against it. It recognises the fact that nature has many complex processes which interact to control pests, diseases and weeds, and to regulate the growth of plants.
Sustainability in Agriculture has become increasingly important over recent times. It is no longer sufficient to just be productive and the cost of production is no longer just thought of in terms of money. The environmental resources of a farm as well as the financial must not deteriorate if a farm is to continue to exist into the future.
This course is designed to take you through both organic farming and sustainable agriculture as an industry and business as well as the roles and responsibilities within these fields.
2. Integrated Farm Management Systems
3. Organic Management Issues
4. Organic Soil Management and Crop Nutrition
5. Weed Management
6. Pest and Disease Management
7. Livestock Management I
8. Livestock Management II
13. Land Care
14. Financial Sustainability
15. Broad Management Strategies
16. Plant Enterprises
17. Animal Enterprises
- Online 24/7 access to your course allowing you to study when it suits your schedule
- Access to a variety of learning formats including ebooks, self assessment tests and assignments
- Tutoring services to ensure no question you have goes unanswered.
- A lifetime loyalty discount of 20% off all your tools and products from our industry partner.
- A certificate of attainment upon completion.
- Tutor support service available to you by phone and email 6 days a week.