Submit your details to receive your free courses guide straight to your inbox.
Download Your Free Course Guide
Are you seeking an exciting opportunity in the ever growing industry of Adventure Tourism?
Adventure tourism is about connecting with a new culture or a new landscape and being physically active at the same time. It is not necessarily about being risky or pushing your boundaries, however, this is sometimes the case! Adventure Tourism is a term that is not easily defined, different people will have different ideas of what is “adventure”. For one person, “adventure” may be something as simple as camping outside in a tent, or walking through a wilderness area for an hour. For another, this would be considered passive tourism or exercise, whereas adventure would mean participating in dangerous and physically (also maybe emotionally) challenging activities, such as climbing a sheer rock face or white water rafting in dangerous rapids. Traditionally, adventure tourism has been perceived to be a younger person’s activity. In recent years, however, older people are keen to enjoy new experiences once their children have left home. A career in adventure tourism is exciting and rewarding and one that is in high demand as it is clear that adventure tourism has no distinct boundaries, leaving people at a loss as to where to start their planning fro such an experience.
Australia’s tourism industry employed 924 600 people directly and indirectly in 2016-17. This accounts for 8 per cent of Australia’s total employment at that time.
However, tourism businesses are facing substantial recruitment and retention difficulties and skills deficiencies. In 2015, Deloitte Access Economics estimated 38,000 unfilled vacancies at that time, representing a vacancy rate of 7 per cent which is great for people looking to enter the industry.
2. The Product: Sources and Types
4. The Customer
5. Locations & Facilities – Artificial environments
6. Locations & Facilities – Natural
7. Ethics, Sustainability and Environmental impacts
8. Risk management & Insurance
9. Travel Industry Overview/Introduction
11. Money, Insurance & Legalities
12. Transport – Airline reservations
13. Transport – Car Rental
14. Transport -Other, boat (ferries, cruising), bus, rail etc
16. Package Tours
17. Travel Agency Systems
18. Special Project -planning a trip
- Online 24/7 access to your course allowing you to study when it suits your schedule
- Access to a variety of learning formats including ebooks, self assessment tests and assignments
- Tutoring services to ensure no question you have goes unanswered.
- A lifetime loyalty discount of 20% off all your tools and products from our industry partner.
- A certificate of attainment upon completion.
- Tutor support service available to you by phone and email 6 days a week.